I’m on a Diet, yes there I said it. Feels freeing like in a 12 step program or something. I’m trying to lose some of this baby weight and lets face it some before the baby weight too.
Since C was born via C Section any future kids will be too so I figured I better get in amazing shape before then.
So I officially became a Suburban Mom and joined a Zumba class with some friends. It totally kicks my butt and makes the time go by fast. But Exercise alone won’t do it. Let’s face it running a blog that has basically just baked goods isn’t really helping the situation.
Hence the recipes that are more real food that I have been doing. Sweets are however my downfall, I just love them so much.
So when My BlogSpark asked If I wanted to try some Fiber One Brownies that were only 90 calories. I figured what the heck they might just be the answer to my sweet tooth problem.
So if you are on a diet and are looking for a sweet option for only 90 calories why not enter to win the wonderful prize back below.
Ok so the Rules and Regulations part. This is open to All US residents. This giveaway will end July 1st at 12pm Central Time.
Now How to Enter 3 Different Ways!
1. Leave a Comment here about anything diet related, tips, tricks, your diet downfalls.
2. Tweet about this post and then leave a comment back here with the link to the tweet.
3. Talk about this Giveaway on your Blog and leave a comment with a link back to the post.
And Make Sure you leave me a way to contact you! Otherwise how can I let you know you won.
Disclaimer – I was given the above prize pack for this post from My BlogSpark and Fiber One but my opinions are my own.
Monday, June 20, 2011
Everyone has them, things that you don’t want people to know.
I’ll share a few then you can share some if you dare.
1. I have a love of bad reality TV, if most people would gag at the sight of the show you can bet I’m engrossed in it.
2. Cream Cheese frosting, I could eat a whole batch no problem in way too short of a time frame.
3. Dishes, Platters, Glasses, put me in a Home store and I’ll gravitate right to them. I do have someone to blame for this one. Thanks Mom!
4. The Color Purple, If its purple I have to have it, doesn’t matter if I already have 4 purple T shirts that are exactly the same I need another because its some how different.
And Last but not least
5. Cinnamon, its it in something on something doesn’t matter I’m want it. I used to swap out the vanilla ice cream on apple pie a la mode for cinnamon ice cream all the time in middle and high school after school events. I just LOVE the stuff.
So when I saw this recipe on Joy the Baker’s site I thought. I must eat you immediately.
I served this with a cream cheese frosting dip, basically just cream cheese frosting in bowl. So make some or buy some just serve it with it you won’t regret it.
I didn’t change a thing from her recipe and she has great pictures and tutorial on how to stack it all together.
Get the Recipe Here.
And if you haven’t listened to her Pod Casts yet I would strongly suggest that you do. They are hilarious!
Thursday, June 2, 2011
I would have to say that Carrot Cake is one of my very favorite cakes. Its probably because it has a lot of Fall flavors and Fall is my favorite time of year. Warm spices, a little bit hearty and I’ll eat cream cheese frosting on anything. So when I bookmarked these pancakes probably forever and a day ago because the link that I had doesn’t even go to the page anymore I wanted to make them right away. But as most things on my Google Reader go, it was pushed aside by other things I marked down as a must do. So here I am years later after a major clean up with these little beauties.
When P’s sister came into town we made these for her as she also shares my affinity for Carrot Cake. These totally hit the spot. They were sweet for sure, but I will never complain about a sweet filled breakfast.
So these are my ode to all things Fall because around here we didn’t get any Spring so I will have to wait until Fall to enjoy some nice moderate weather!
Carrot Cake Pancakes adapted from Joy the Baker
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 cup packed brown or granulated sugar
1 cup milk
2 cups finely grated carrots
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Spread
4 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
In a bowl, combine the flour, pecans, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, ginger, and nutmeg.
In a separate bowl, combine egg, brown sugar, milk, carrots, and vanilla mix to combine.
Stir carrot mixture into dry ingredients until moistened. Pour batter by 1/4 cupful onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on the top of pancake; flip and cook until golden brown.
For topping, blend cream cheese, powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla until smooth. Serve with pancakes, or as we did spread a ton on and enjoy.
Note - I always like raisins in my carrot cake so I think next time I will add them.